Tuesday 12 February 2013

Two weekends ago, my study abroad group went to Cape Coast, home of beautiful beaches, bustling little towns and old slave forts. We stayed in little circular villas near the beach and took a tour of Cape Coast Castle, one of the slave forts used by Europeans to hold slaves in before they were shipped to the Americas. As beautiful as the scenery from the castle was, the interior was dark and suffocating--no place for any human to be held in. 

Of course, my camera died right before we got to the castle so I will hopefully be borrowing photos from someone else. In the meantime, here are some other photos from the trip!

 Beach we stayed at
 Sand made of tiny pieces of sea glass.

 So happy to be at the beach!
 These little guys are all over the place here. One came near us at my drumming class today and was doing these weird push-up things that made it look like it was dancing.
  rawr! I got to touch one of these crocs.

 Canopy tour! Possibly my favorite part of the trip.


No comments:

Post a Comment