Thursday 7 February 2013

WATER!


We have water! For the past day or two we didn't have running water in the hostel. Yes, it seems like a short period of time, but if you consider the fact that the temperature is in the 80's or 90's and it's so humid you feel like you're walking in a dog's mouth...it's a long time.
I had to play basketball with my acting class Tuesday morning at 7 and was really looking forward to that cold shower, but alas, no agua. Later that day I had dance--also a sweaty affaire--and still no water. Luckily there is water that comes out of a pipe outside (from a rain barrel I think?) I took a few showers from a bucket and they weren't bad. Yesterday the water finally came back only to shut off again this morning. Most Ghanaian students in the hostel don't seem to make a big deal about it. It's not too uncommon and occurrence. I just think about what the reaction would be in the U.S. if there was no water in the dorm for a few days. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment